I have got an issue with one particular user, whenever he sign into the Lync 2013 desktop client it signs in but then the Lync client locks up and crashes with the error below. If any other user logs into the same computer it works perfectly. I can recreate the issue by logging the user into Lync from any Lync 2013 desktop client we have deployed.
Error : Faulting application name: lync.exe, version: X.X.X.(x.x.x.x), time stamp: 0x52714a81
1. Check the latest CU update for lync client has, if not then update lync 2013 with latest CU and check the issue. Refer below link.
2. Disable user from lync control panel wait for 10 minutes and re-enable back and check the issue
3. Remove lync account and recreate from scratch, Follow below steps
- Log onto FE server, open Lync Control Panel, Remove troubled user
- Log into an AD server or use the AD snap in > View > Advanced Features > open trouble user account > Attribute Editor Tab > Verify ALL msRTCSIP info is gone
- Clear some manually records of msRTCSIP if still any stale records there
- Open the Lync Powershell, and Run
Update-CSUserDatabase – wait 15 minutes at least (This updates the FE DB with the info in AD)
Update-CSAddressBook – wait 15 minutes (This updates the FE address book with the FE database)
- Double Check AD msRTCSIP info on user
- Add user using Lync Control Panel
- Rerun Update-CSUserDatabase and wait for some time
- Update-CSAddressBook, wait for some time
- Then try to log in again with troubled user account an test